Thursday, September 29, 2011

Story Behind Jon Jones Tattoo

 Jon Jones has Philippians 4:13 tattooed on his chest. This scripture says, "I can do all things through Him (Christ) who strengthens me." A lot of people take this scripture way out of context. If you back up several verses to grab the whole context of the scripture you will find that (apostle Paul) is saying that he is able to get by when he has a little and when he has many things, when he is rich or when he is poor, hungry or well fed. Then he says I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. He is talking about being content no matter what life gives you. I'm not saying Jon Jones doesnt know this, but I hear a lot of athletes quoting this scripture like it is some king of magic saying and that by believing in it you will be able to literally 'do ALL things through Christ'. I have even heard people at the gym quoting this scripture right before they are about to max out on there bench press.




No comments:

Post a Comment